Saturday, August 25, 2012

August 9-13, 2012: Trip to Zambales



August 9-13, 2012: Trip to Zambales

After going through the biggest tragedy my siblings and I could possibly go through, I decided to go to the province to put myself together. That was also the week when a monsoon devastated Manila and other surrounding provinces with crazy floods. But that didn't stop me from going to Zambales anyway.

I hopped on that bus and headed out at 8am. I thought that even if it wasn't the safest and reasonable thing to do, the universe would not fuck me over after what just happened on July 30, 2012. 

I realized that I have never photoblogged about my cousins. That's because the last time I saw them was 4 years ago when our grandmother passed away. They are my absolute best friends in the entire universe. 4 years is a long time and I am glad nothing has changed between us. Even if over those 4 years a lot of disagreements between parents and other relatives have come and went, I am so thankful that they are still in my life.

This post is for them and to let them know that I am very proud and thankful that I have been blessed with such great cousins. 





 With my bus ticket and receipt! Ready to leave!!



Empty bus at 8am in the middle of a flooded Metro Manila



Keeping my belongings close. I wasn't able to sleep the night before because Dy came over and we just hung out allll niiiiggghhht.



Mmmm rainy




Waiting for the bus to depart



4 hours later, we arrive in Olongapo.
This was my first bus ride to the province alone. It wasn't that bad. Except for when the bus almost left me when we stopped over. :c



 Olongapo City!



They waited for 2 hours or as keesey would put it, AN ETERNITY!!!

L-R:
Danna, Keesey, Ate Maine



Danna banana




And he drives!



Uncle Kees, Keesey's dad was there. That's the kitchen area of the Red Lion Inn.



These are some of the rooms. We used to stay at Keesey's family's house whenever we visited. But since they put up this inn, everyone's pitching in to help manage/keep an eye on the place.
Keesey's mom sleeps in their house still and we drove her there every night.



Ate Maine in her natural habitat



Changed clothes. Ready to lie around the beddssss



:*



Picking Mommy Dianne (Keesey's mom) up from the house!



Ate Maine is so addicted to Bejeweled!!! hehehe




That's Mommy Dianne at the extreme left




I spot their wonderful refrigerator and fell in love!!!



hehehe 
 Mornings





We go to the common area to have brunch!
This is what we eat alll the time. Spicy Korean noodles with kimchi. MMM SO SO GOOD.



 Danna slept ahead of us and we got bored




"Stupid"



HEHEHE SO CLASSY



The following night, we decided to have Keesey's beard trimmed. 
Me and Danna trying to look decent.



GO SHOWER, BOY.



Mommy Dianne Skyping with my Mom.



 Smexy ladies



Adobo outside. Danna is an excellent cook. mmmm



Still hasn't showered!!



c:<




Rainy rainy rainy



Kuya Emy walks up to me posing. But I point my camera at him and he runs! haha



Harbor Point is the new Ayala Mall at SBMA.





We walk to Olongapo to look for a place that could trim Keesey's beard.


  
WHO'S THAT GUY HAHAAHA 
Sorry Ate Maine and Danna. So out of focus



Unfortunately, there were none. :(





They like treating me like a paparazzi!!! 




Victor :3



We have Army Navy for dinner




hehehehe



Cuties




Where is our fooooood



Soft tacos



Burritos!! NOM NOM NOM




We step outside for a bit to let Ate Maine have a smoke.



Danna spots this animal thing and we ride around on it haaahaaaaaaaaaaaa








MILKSHAKE!




Took a picture of this boy shaking his bootaaay while in this thing 



We walk around inside some more and see Victor again!




I  pop by CD-R King to look for an FM modulator. MY GOD IT TOOK FOREVER!!



We head on out to the boardwalk-less boardwalk



Ate maine why so serious?!



We decided to walk around by the beach in the darkness. 
HUGS EVERYWHERE





HAHAHA YOUR FACES







The next morning, Keesey and I woke up first and played with Ate Maine's hair extensions HAHA 
 Always sleeping with their devices!




This was also the morning the drove me back home. :( :( :(




Bye bye, bebes



Keesey still had a week left before heading back to Holland. 



In the car. All smiles, but was really dying inside!!!! 



I got back home and lay down on my bed. 



 It all felt like a dream



Steph comes knocking on my door and welcomes me back. :)




Have a good long weekend, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers