Sunday, October 23, 2011

July 9, 2011 - Wall Lords 2011


FINALLY!
 Haven't updated in MONTHS but it's because of the shit of work that was thrown at me this last semester. But that is DONE! I am on break so I have lots to catch-up on. 
I was initially planning on doing a quick catch-up, but I realised later on that I'd be wasting many photographs I took over my photoblog drought. So here's one that I skipped over when I posted the Bacon Party post a long time ago


WALL LORDS 2011

Lou (Yoly's brother) is the one who heads the organizing of Wall Lords. It's this competition between graffiti crews who have passed the preliminary rounds of their respective regions. This year was the 2nd annual Wall Lords and Yoly made us man the registration booth + take pictures. 
Oh god, I love the smell of spray can fumes. HEHE





Hitched a ride with Eras to Marikina Riverbanks. I brought her a can of Pringles as a sign of my undying gratitude.



We forgot to bring a big enough money box so we had this instead.
Business is looking up.




Preparing the panels! That's Lou in black.





So You Love Vandalism
I kind of like how they aren't sensitive about this whole "This is not vandalism - it's graffiti!" thing.




Justin
...should have a haircut.





Looking tiny




We stamped ourselves and the ink takes a while to dry. We had to learn it the hard way :(


  

First to arrive!




Nicest bouncers EVER. 






Yolsyballs 





AAAND THEY BEGIN!




This man popped up from behind the panels. Adorable haha


  



Colors!




In a ponytail
Chaz looking like her brother. hahahahahahahahhaha 




Professional and organized!




AND WE SAW A BOY WHO LOOKED LIKE JOSH!!!










Very gay.




Got bored at one point. Looked through Chaz' planner. Hehe






WISHING I HAD MONEY









Tie-dye!! There was a station especially for this. So hipster. Haha




The middle panel was for the judges + last year's champion who also showed-off their graffiti prowess.





















Crude signage by Eras, Chaz, and yours truly.




Kid looking over the bars. I wish I could sneak him in! :(




Chaz' friend 




Getting more organized! (and richer)





Love you 





Caps! I never knew they had so many gadgets for spray cans.





I WANT A MASK


  







AWWWYEA




Phil! The youngest of the siblings. The rest of Lou and Yoly's family went to check out the event. So sweet!


   





In one corner, a little boy was break dancing... He had his own little show!




  
HOST!!!! :D


He came aaaaaall the way from Hong Kong!





Baby eyes 





Done!





And of course, a Flip Top battle! Damn son, I'm too small for these kinds of crowds.




I had no idea what was going on at this point...


  

I think this is the viewing bit







Chemmy and I being tourist-y! In all honesty, my friends and I are always like this when we visit different places. We're like shameless parents. hahahaha 




Sinic was one of the judges!




COOL AUTOGRAPH.  




Lou and Marj (Lou's girlfriend - also organized)!


Ungga!
He wouldn't let me take a picture unless I took a picture of him...


AND HERE ARE THE FINISHED WORKS:


^ From FTC - the winning team!!



























And the night ended with us eating at a dampa (market restaurant thing).




And here's a sleeping cat on my seat. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers